Some homeowners do not realize that the plumbing system makes up roughly 15% of their home’s value. This is quite an investment and one that should be taken care of properly. Westview Plumbing is the team to call whenever you need help with plumbing service and repair for your Fircrest home.
When you have a smooth, efficiently-running plumbing system, you can get fresh water into all your fixtures for showers, cleaning, water-using appliances, and more. Ensuring that you properly maintain your plumbing system comes with many other benefits:
- Easy access to the clean water needed for hygiene, well-being, and health
- Your home plumbing system adds immense convenience to modern living
- Water-saving devices can boost efficiency and energy-savings
Homeowners should always protect their investments, which means maintaining all home systems. There is some maintenance that you should consider for your plumbing system. However, Westview Plumbing is here to assist whenever you need inspections, plumbing repairs, and updates.
Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
There are several things you can do to take care of your home’s plumbing on a daily, weekly, and seasonal basis, including:
- Clear out clogs ASAP to prevent blockages
- Be careful about what gets allowed down the drains
- Run the cold water for roughly 15 seconds after using a garbage disposal
- Look under your sinks to check for signs of moisture or leaks
- Test the drains in sinks and showers to see if they are slow draining
- Clear lint traps out on your washing machine
- During colder months, disconnect any hoses, shut off valves, and insulate your pipes
- During warmer months, inspect for leaks, clean sprinkler heads, and monitor appliances
- Schedule yearly inspections of various systems
Should you need professional plumbing service or repair work in Fircrest, Westview Plumbing is here to help. Call our office at (206) 829-6360.
FANTASTIC! Thank you for your service.